DYNA® AEROFLEX 670 is a premium multi-purpose light weight polymer modified Portland cement mortar. It can be used in thin and medium bed applications. It provides high sag and slip resistance. Provides twice the coverage compared to traditional thin-set mortars.
- For interior setting of non-vitreous, semi-vitreous and vitreous ceramic tiles, marble, granite, quarry tiles, pavers, slate, dimensional natural stone, and porcelain stoneware tile.
- For interior and exterior setting of semi-vitreous, and vitreous floor and wall tile applications.
- Tiles can be set over concrete masonry, cured Portland cement mortar beds, glass mesh mortar units, gypsum board, unglazed ceramic tile, marble, clay tile, prepared existing cementitious terrazzo floors and cementitious backer unit for residential and commercial applications.
- For interior installation of porcelain tiles over most well-prepared stable substrates provided the tiles are smaller than 30 x 30 cm (12” x 12”).
- May be used on larger tiles but more cure time is required.
- It may be used for installation for indoor residential and light to moderate commercial floors and countertops in dry areas only over CSA-0211 EXTERIOR SELECT or (SEL TF) Douglas Fir plywood according to COFI classification, vinyl asbestos tile and dry cut-back adhesive.
Meets and exceeds the standards:
- ANSI A118.4
- ISO C2TES1P1
1. Stone such as Rosso Levanto and Negro Marquina or any green marble can be set with this material but due to the characteristics of these types of stone, warpage may occur due to changes in temperature, humidity, or the water in the thin-set mortar. It is, therefore, recommended that DYNAPOXY 6100 be used for the setting of these stones.
2. For the installation of white or translucent marble a white setting mortar should be used.
Do not use gray mortar mixes as this may discolor or stain the stone.
3. Do not use over presswood, particle board, Masonite, chipboard, lauan, asbestos board, gypsum floor patching compounds, metal, glass, plastic or any unstable materials which are deemed unsuitable substrates.
4. Do not apply in temperatures below 10°C (50°F) or above 40°C (104°F).
5. Keep the area of installation from freezing for at least 28 days after application.
SECTIONS - 930000
A. SURFACE PREPARATION
1. All substrates must be to the recommended tolerances of ANSI A108.5 for dry-set mortar installations. 2. The substrates must be structurally sound, solid, stable, dry, clean and free of grease, oil, paint, dust, tar, wax, curing agent, primer, sealer, or any other substances which may prevent or reduce the adhesion of this product.
3. Painted surfaces must be completely sanded, scrapped, or chipped to promote adhesion. Surfaces may be cleaned with DYNA brand of cleaners if thoroughly flushed and neutralized.
4. For Exterior grade plywood substrates the wood sub-flooring must be structurally sound and securely fastened with screw type or ring shank nails and adhesive.
5. Plywood flooring should be free from dust, dirt, oil, grease, etc. There must be 2 layers of 16 mm (5/8“) exterior grade plywood on bridged floor joists 400 mm (16”) on center with a maximum deflection of 1/360 of the span for ceramic tile and 1/720 for natural stone tile. Joints on the top layer should be offset from the joints on the bottom layer of plywood. A gap of 6 mm (1/4“) is required between overlay sheets and all materials they abut such walls, adjacent sheets, posts, etc. The adjacent edges of plywood sheets shall not be more than 0.8 mm (1/32“) above or below each other.
1. Use a clean mixing vessel and pour approximately 5.0 to 6.0 liters (1.3 to 1.6 U.S. gal.) of cold clean water and then add 11.3 kg (2.20 lbs) of DYNA® AEROFLEX 670 gradually while mixing.
2. Use a slow speed mixer (approximately 150 R.P.M). Mix thoroughly to a homogeneous and smooth consistency.
3. Avoid air entrapment by prolonged mixing which can result in a shorten pot life and reduce the compression strength of the mortar.
4. Let the mix slake for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Re-stir the entire contents of the vessel without adding anymore water to the dry mix.
6. Wash your tools immediately after mixing.
7. The pot life of the mix is between 4 and 6 hours.
NOTE: Some stiffening may occur before all material is used (approximately 4 hours). When this occurs, simply re-stir by hand or machine, but DO NOT add any more liquid.
1. Use of a recommended notched trowel with adequate depth (refer to coverage section listed below) to achieve a 100% mortar contact. Using the flat edge of the trowel, spread a thin coat over the substrate.
2. Then apply additional material and comb the mortar with the notched side of the trowel. Do not spread more mix than can be covered with the tiles within 10 to 15 minutes. Otherwise a skin may form on top of the mortar and proper adhesion will not be achieved.
3. Place the tiles firmly into position with a slight twisting motion. Then once the tile has been set, properly beat in the tiles with a beating block in order that at least 1/4 of the thickness of the tile is set into the mortar bed. Finished mortar bed thickness should be between 1/8 to 3/4 inch (3-19 mm) thick after tiles are beat in without any voids or air pockets.
4. Ensure that all your alignments and adjustments are performed immediately (do not exceed 30-40 minutes).
5. Should skinning occur, remove the dry or skinned mortar and replace it with fresh mortar. Clean out the joints and smudges from the face of the tile immediately with a damp sponge. Leave at least 2/3 of the joint depth open for grouting. Do not soak the tiles before application.
6. For commercial floors, shower applications and exterior applications or when installing marble, granite, or porcelain floor tiles, back butter each tile immediately prior to laying it into position using the flat edge of the trowel to ensure and achieve 100% mortar contact.
EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS
Provide expansion and control joints where specified. Do not cover any expansion joints with mortar. Cut tiles on both sides along the edges of the expansion joints. Also insert the specified compressible bead and sealant to caulk the expansion and control joint.
Follow ANSI AN 3.8, “Requirements for Expansion Joints”.
Do not walk over, grout or disturb the tiles for at least 48 hours after the installation. Use DYNACOLOR 1000, DYNACOLOR 2000, or DYNAPOXY 6100 grouts when grouting.
- Protect tile-work from freezing and complete water immersion for at least 28 days after the completion of the work performed.
- Do not walk on the tiles for at least 48 hours after the installation.
- Plywood stepping boards may be used after 24 hours when it is unavoidable to occasionally step on the floor. Do not permit heavy traffic to pass on the tiles for at least 7 days after the installation.
- Protect walls from impact, heavy hammering and vibration on opposite and adjacent walls for at least 14 days after the installation.
- When working in cold temperatures or high humidity, protect the tile-work for an even more extended period of time to permit the mortar to adequately cure. Allow additional cure time when installing porcelain tile larger than 300 mm x 300 mm (12’’ x 12’’).
Wash your tools immediately after mixing. Clean your hands and tools with water while the mortar is wet.
DYNA® AEROFLEX 670 | Polymer-Modified Medium-Bed and Thin-Set Mortar (Lightweight) (Premium Grade) is available in 11.3 kg (25 lb.) Bag.
CAUTION. Consult and read the SDS thoroughly for this product for more safety information.
This product is corrosive as it contains Portland cement. Portland cement when mixed with
water results in a solution of calcium hydroxide and is therefore injurious to the eyes and can
cause skin irritation. Therefore, avoid eye contact and prolonged contact with the skin. Protect
eyes with goggles and skin with waterproof gloves. If splashed in eyes, flush thoroughly for at
least 15 minutes and consult a physician immediately. In case of ingestion consult a physician
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 30 days
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after Surface Testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately.
NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The Manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective.
The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product.
|Trowel Size||Coverage per 22.7 kg (50 lbs.)|
6 x 6 x 6 mm (1/4" x 1/4" x 1/4")
|6,97 to 8,36 m² (75 to 90 sq. ft.)|
6 x 10 x 6 mm (1/4" x 3/8" x 1/4")
|5,11 to 6,04 m² (55 to 65 sq. ft.)|
12 x 12 x 12 mm (1/2" x 1/2" x 1/2")
|3,53 to 4,18 m² (38 to 45 sq. ft.)|
19 x 14 x 10 mm (3/4" x 9/16" x 3/8")
|2,32 to 3,72 m² (25 to 40 sq. ft.)|