DYNA® OPTIMAX Premium Polymeric Jointing Sand is a dry mixture of calibrated sands, polymers, binders and dedicated chemical controlling agents specifically designed to bind firmly and easily together in horizontal pavement joints. Applied dry into the pavement joints, it will harden and stay in place after activation. Carefully blended with dedicated control agents, the quality of DYNA® OPTIMAX Premium Polymeric Jointing Sand ensures increased stability, performance and lasting durability to your paver projects.
OPTIMAX Premium Polymeric Jointing Sand retains adequate elasticity needed to adapt to the movements of the pavement surface. It is resistant to erosion due to weather, maintenance, and traffic. It features EZ SWEEP TECHNOLOGY to ensure no haze is produced on your pavement surface and that the sand is more easily swept in, saving you both time and money in the process.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- EZ SWEEP TECHNOLOGY with no haze saves the installer both time and money
- Ideal for commercial, high traffic, and sloped applications
- Ideal for false joints
- Eliminates washout of sand into pools
- Low temperature set up – 0°C (32°F) and above
- Ideal for narrow and wide joints
- Retains a high compressive strength even when exposed to water
- Has high washout resistance from rain and water
- Has high erosion resistance
- Deters ants, insects and weeds
- Provides a greater degree of coverage
- Packaged in plastic bags
- ICPI Tech Spec. 2, 5, 9
- ASTM C 144
- CSA A179
- CSA A82.56M
DYNA® OPTIMAX Polymeric Jointing Sand is well below the “OSHA’s standard (29 CFR 1926.1153) limits for construction material. Click HERE to read more about the OSHA’s Silica Standard.
DYNA® OPTIMAX Polymeric Jointing Sand should be used to fill pavement joints of Concrete Pavers and Slabs, Natural Stone and Clay Pavers installed on horizontal surfaces such as driveways, patios, pool decks, walk-ways and garden areas. Highly recommended for surfaces with wider paving joints, for deeply sloped areas, or for areas that are exposed to heavy traffic and heavy maintenance duties.
Minimum Width of Joint: 2.0 mm (1/16”)
Minimum Depth of Joint: 32.0 mm (1 1/4“)
- Install only at or above 0°C (32°F).
- Installation of the pavement must be done according to the various ICPI specifications to ensure the maximum benefit of this product.
- Do not leave OPTIMAX on the surface prior to wetting as it will adhere to the surface and will be difficult to remove.
- Not a substitute for a mortar or cement grout.
- Do not apply to wet or damp pavement surfaces.
- Do not apply if rain is forecasted less than 48 - 72 hours after installation.
- This product is not designed for submersed water applications.
SECTIONS - 321400 / 321413 / 321416 / 321440
A. INSTALLATION CONDITIONS
- The pavement surface and joints must be completely dry.
- The outdoor temperature must be equal to or greater than 0°C (32°F).
- No rain should be forecast within the next half hour after installation and activation.
1. Sweep OPTIMAX Polymeric Jointing Sand evenly into the pavement joints using a push broom until the joints are completely filled.
2. Remove all sand residues from the top of the pavement, using a leaf blower.
3. Compact sand into pavement joints as prescribed by ICPI Tech Specs., or your paving stone manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Blow off with a leaf blower all excess sand and any dust residues from the top of the pavement making sure that the surface is perfectly free of all particles.
C. ACTIVATING THE JOINTING SAND
1. Work in sections of about 10 m2 (100 ft2).
2. Use a water hose equipped with a fan shower head working at low to medium pressure.
3. Starting at the highest elevation of your surface, position the shower head at 0.6 to 1 m (2 to 3 ft) from the surface and shower the surface in a sweeping movement from left to right.
Clean the surface rapidly while allowing the water to slowly migrate, absorb and channel into the joints. Continue to water until the joints are thoroughly wet, a good indicator is when you see water standing on the joints.
4. Focus on watering the pavement and not the joints. By doing so, you will remove any fine particles that could have adhered to the pores of the pavement surface. If pooling of water occurs on top of the joints, proceed to wet another area.
Before using this product, always test on a small area 1.0 m2 (10 ft2) of your pavement making sure to follow the instructions carefully. Let dry for 24 hours. If you are satisfied with the results, proceed with the entire surface area.
Depending on the width of your pavement joints, a 22.7 kg (50 lb.) bag of OPTIMAX Polymeric Jointing Sand will cover from 3.0 to 10.0 m2 (30 to 100 ft2).
HEALTH & SAFETY
Refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for additional information on this product.
DYNA® OPTIMAX Polymeric Jointing Sand is available in 22.7 kg (50 lbs) Bag.
Clean hands and tools with soap and water.
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 15 days
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after Surface Testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately.
NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The Manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective.
The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product.
|at 22°C (72°F) and 50% relative humidity|
|Shelf life||1 year|
|Initial Set||10 - 30 minutes|
|Final Cure||> 8 to 24 hours|
|Time to Pedestrian Traffic||8 hours|
|Time to Vehicular Traffic||24 hours|
|VOCs (Rule #1168 of California's SCAQMD)||0 g/L.|
|Product Code||Size And Color|
|2204-ORXG||22.7 kg (50 lbs.) Granite Grey|
|2204-ORXB||22.7 kg (50 lbs.) Quartz Beige|
|2204-ORXJB||22.7 kg (50 lbs.) Jet Black|
|2204-ORXTC||22.7 kg (50 lbs.) Terracotta|
|2204-ORXBB||22.7 kg (50 lbs.) Beach Buff|