DYNA® OPTIPATH is a premium liquid water-based pathway stabilizer designed to create a stable and dust-free pathway, walkway or patio surface with the use of aggregates, crushed stone, decomposed granite, crushed granite, or crushed limestone.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- Improves the surface stability
- Increases stability of foot traffic
- Reduces erosion and dusting from rain, wind and foot traffic
- Reduces washout on sloped pathways from heavy rainfalls
- Minimizes weeds, ants and insects
- Zero VOC
- Contributes to LEED project points
- Safe to use around plants and aquatic life
- Easy and safe to apply
WHERE TO USE
- Residential, commercial, industrial and natural habitat areas
- Residential and commercial foot traffic pathways
- Garden trails
- Ornamental trails
- Nature trails
- Scenic paths
- Running track
- Bicycle pathways
- Not to be used over area subject to continual water exposure or water immersion
- Not to be used over areas subject to heavy vehicular traffic such as automobiles or trucks
- The ambient temperature for application and storage must be between 5 - 32°C (40 - 90°F)
- Not to be used if rain is expected either 24 hours before or after application
- Protect the product in liquid state from freezing
SECTIONS - 027000 / 029000
A. SUB-SURFACE PREPARATION
1. It is recommended to excavate the sub-grade approximately 10 - 15 cm (4” - 6”) below the finished surface grade.
2. Ensure there is a proper slope to allow for drainage and water runoff. Do not slope a surface towards structures like buildings, sheds or pools.
3. Sub-surface should consist of at least 5 - 10 cm (2” - 4”) of compacted 1 - 2 cm (3/8” - 3/4”) minus structural base rock or articulate crushed stone.
4. Use a vibratory plate compactor to compact the sub-surface with at least 3 passes for
5. In restricted or hard to reach areas where a compactor is not permitted, use of a hand tamper will suffice.
B. RECOMMENDED SUITABLE FINAL SURFACE MATERIAL
1. Suitable materials are dry 0.47 - 1.27 cm (3/16” - 1/2”) minus crushed stone, decomposed granite, crushed limestone and crushed granite.
2. Ensure the aggregates are clean and free of any dirt, clay, or any other foreign matter.
3. Aggregates with extremely high fines content will achieve sub-standard final results.
C. APPLICATION OF FINAL SURFACE
IMPORTANT: “DO NOT COMPACT before OPTIPATH has been applied to the surface”
1. Install up to 5 cm (2”) of qualified final surface material and grade consistently into place using a rake or screed.
2. Ensure there is a proper slope for proper drainage and water runoff.
3. The aggregates should be graded approximately 1.3 - 1.9 cm (1/2” - 3/4") above the desired height of the final surface.
4. The use of an edge restraint will greatly increase the life and stability of the final surface. If the project will not utilize an edge restraint, it is essential that the edges are adequately compacted.
5. Apply OPTIPATH to the graded final surface at a rate of 15 - 25 sq. ft. per gallon. Apply with a watering can or pump sprayer.
6. Allow 30 to 60 minutes for OPTIPATH to absorb and penetrate into the aggregates.
(On hotter and dryer days it takes less than 30 min, regularly from 30 to 60 min is sufficient, but if there is high humidity, it can take over 90 min)
Do not allow OPTIPATH to completely dry before the final compaction.
Do not allow OPTIPATH to pool or puddle.
7. If the final surface looks smeared, mottled or adheres to the compactor, wait an additional 15 minutes before attempting to compact.
8. Compact the surface with a vibratory plate compactor. A minimum of 3 passes are recommended.
9. Surface is ready to use when it is hard to touch. Allow OPTIPATH to dry completely for 24-74 hours (depending on the weather conditions).
NOTE: In restricted or hard to reach areas where a compactor is not permitted, use of a hand tamper will suffice.
For the Optimal Performance:
Residential - 20 sq. feet per gallon
Commercial - 12 sq. feet per gallon
Clean equipment immediately with water. Mineral spirits may be used to remove product that has dried on tools.
CAUTION: Protect hands with gloves. If ingested do not induce vomiting.
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 30 days
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after Surface Testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately.
NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The Manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective.
The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product.
|at 23°C (73°F) and 50% relative humidity|
|Polymer Backbone||Acrylic emulsion|
|pH||7 to 8|
|Viscosity||500 to 800 cps|
|Flash Point||> 100°C (212°F)|
|Coverage||1.4 to 2.34 m2 per 3.78 L (15 to 25 sq. ft per US Gallon)|
|Tack Free||30 to 180 minutes|
|Cure Time||8 to 48 hours|
|Storage||Do not freeze. Store in cool, dry location. Do not expose to
nor store in direct sunlight. Do not store open containers
|Shelf Life||1 year from date of manufacture|
Refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for more information.