DYNA® MVA Masonry Veneer Adhesive is a water-based premium performing, brick multi-purpose veneer mastic for setting all types of veneer wall bricks over most types of smooth surfaces.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- Easy, quick & ready to use
- Specially designed and formulated
- Great for masonry veneer natural and architectural stone
- Interior only
- One-part system
- Fire resistant
- Water based / Eco friendly
- DYNA® MVA Masonry Veneer Adhesive is for all types of brick, natural stone and architectural stone veneer.
- It can be used for residential and light duty industrial and commercial purposes.
- It can be used on smooth interior surfaces, gypsum wallboard, cement or gypsum plaster, cement backerboard, and smooth concrete.
- It can also be used in interior residential walls in dry areas over EXTERIOR grade Douglas Fir plywood conforming to U.S. Product PS 1.83 and A.P.A. Classification 1, C.C. plugged or better or CSA-0121 Standard Exterior Select or (SEL-TF) according to COFI.
Exceeds ANSI A136.1 Type I standards.
Each litre (1.04 U.S. Quart) will cover between 0.5 to 1 square metres (5 to 10 square feet), depending on the size of trowel that is used.
SECTIONS - 090000 / 040000
1. Not to be used for exterior applications.
2. Do not use over presswood, chipboard, particleboard, Masonite, Luan, gypsum floor patching compounds, metal, plastic or other dimensionally unstable substrates.
3. Do not use at temperatures below 10° C (50° F).
4. When using a heavy veneer, greater than 10 lbs. per sq/ft, it is recommended that you use DYNA® MVM Masonry Veneer Adhesive for installation.
5. Do not us in pools, tanks, jacuzzis or fountains. Use DYNABOND 400 mixed with DYNALASTIC 5000 for this type of installation.
B. SURFACE PREPARATION
1. Ensure that the substrates are structurally sound, solid, stable, well fastened, dry, clean and free of dirt, grease, oil, tar, wax, curing agent, etc., or other substances which may prevent or reduce the adhesion of this product.
2. Painted surfaces must be completely sanded, scrapped, or chipped to promote adhesion.
3. Surfaces should be cleaned with DYNA® cleaning solutions.
DYNA® MVA Masonry Veneer Adhesive is ready to use out of the packaging. There is no mixing required.
1. Open the container and spread adhesive with the recommended notched trowel into the substrate.
2. Use a notched trowel with sufficient depth to achieve a covering of at least 85% of the brick’s back.
3. Do not spread more than can be covered with bricks within 30 to 45 minutes. If skinning occurs, scrape off and replace with fresh adhesive.
4. Place the brick firmly into position with a slight twisting motion to ensure a good bond.
5. Make all alignments and adjustments immediately (do not exceed 45 minutes).
(Make sure the veneer is clean and free of dust, oil, wax, etc.)
D. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS
- Provide expansion and control joints where specified.
- Do not cover any expansion joints with DYNA® MVA.
- Cut bricks on both sides along the edges of the expansion joints.
- Also insert the compressible bead and sealant to caulk the expansion and control joint.
- Follow ANSI AN 3.8, “Requirements for Expansion Joints”.
Do not grout or disturb the bricks for at least 48 hours after the installation. Use DYNACOLOR or DYNAPOXY grouting and jointing compounds, if necessary.
- Protect walls from impact, heavy hammering and vibration on opposite and adjacent walls for at least 14 days after the installation.
- When working in cold temperatures or high humidity protect the brick work for an extended period of time to permit the adhesive to adequately cure before you grout.
- Protect this product from freezing in transit and storage.
Clean tools and hands with water while the adhesive is still wet. If the adhesive has dried, use mineral spirits.
DYNA® MVA Masonry Veneer Adhesive is available in plastic containers of 3.78L (1US gal), 13.5L (3.5US gal) and 18.9L (5US gal).
Store DYNA® MVA Masonry Veneer Adhesive in its original container at temperatures between 10 °C and 25 °C (50 °F to 75 °F) away from sunlight.
The shelf life of this product is 1 year or less.
CAUTION: Protect hands with gloves. If ingested do not induce vomiting. Call a poison control centre or consult a physician immediately. If splashed in eyes, rinse for 15 minutes with cold clean water and seek medical attention immediately. If on skin, rinse well with water. If on clothes, remove clothes.
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 30 days
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after Surface Testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately.
NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The Manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective.
The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product.