DYNA® AQUABAN 200 Waterproofing & Anti-Fracture Membrane is a thin, loadbearing waterproofing designed specifically for the special requirements of ceramic tile, stone and brick installations. A self-curing liquid rubber polymer and a reinforcing fabric are quickly applied to form a flexible, seamless waterproofing and crack isolation membrane that bonds to a wide variety of substrates.
- Inhibits stain causing mold and mildew growth in the substrate with antimicrobial product protection.
- Safe, no solvents and non-flammable.
- Interior and exterior use.
- Vertical and horizontal surfaces (including ceilings)
- Thin - 0.5 mm (0.02”) thick when cured
- Anti-fracture protection of up to 3 mm (1/8”) over shrinkage and other non-structural Cracks.
- Extra Heavy Service rating per TCNA (ASTM C627 Robinson Floor Test).
- IAPMO and ICC Approval.
- Applies quickly with a paint brush, roller, or trowel.
- Fast cure—ready in hours for finishes.
- Install tile, brick and stone directly onto membrane.
- Easy cleanup—use water while fresh.
- Protects concrete & reinforcing steel from corrosion.
- Swimming pools.
- Fountains & water features.
- Shower pans.
- Tub surrounds.
- Bathrooms & laundries (industrial, commercial & residential).
- Hot tubs.
- Kitchens & food processing areas.
- Terraces & balconies over unoccupied spaces.
- Steam rooms (when used in conjunction with a vapor barrier).
- Do not use as a primary roofing membrane over occupied space.
- Do not use over expansion joints, structural cracks or cracks with vertical differential movement.
- Do not use over cracks >3 mm (1/8”) in width.
- Do not use as a vapor barrier (especially in steam rooms).
- Not for use directly over particle board, luan, Masonite®, or hardwood floors.
- Do not expose unprotected membrane to sun or weather for >30 days.
- Do not expose to negative hydrostatic pressure, excessive vapour transmission or solvents.
- Must be covered with ceramic tile, stone, brick, concrete, screeds, terrazzo or other traffic-bearing course.
- Do not install directly over single layer wood floors, plywood tubs / showers / fountains or similar constructs.
Concrete, cement mortar beds, cement plaster, concrete and brick masonry, Exterior Glue, Plywood, Gypsum Wallboard, ceramic tile and stone, cement terrazzo, cement backer board.
SECTIONS - 930000
A. SURFACE PREPARATION
- Surface temperature must be 7-32°C (45-90°F) during application and for 24 hours after installation.
- All substrates must be structurally sound, clean and free of dirt, oil, grease, loose/peeling paint, laitance, efflorescence, concrete sealers or curing compounds.
- Make rough or uneven concrete smooth to a wood float or better finish with a DYNA Underlayment.
- Do not level with gypsum or asphalt based products.
- Maximum deviation in plane must not exceed 6 mm in 3 m (1/4” in 10 ft) with no more than 1.5 mm in 0.3 m (1/16” in 1 ft) variation between high spots.
- Dampen hot, dry surfaces and sweep off excess water—installation may be made on a damp surface.
- New concrete slabs shall be damp cured and a minimum of 14 days old before application.
- Maximum amount of moisture in the concrete substrate should not exceed 2.26 kg/92.9 m2 (5 lbs/1000 square feet) 24 hrs. per ASTM F-1869 or 75% relative humidity as measured with moisture probes.
1. Installer must verify that deflection under all live, dead and impact loads of interior plywood floors does not exceed industry standards of L/360 for ceramic tile and brick or L/480 for stone installations where L=span length.
2. Minimum construction for interior plywood floors:
15 mm (5/8”) thick exterior glue plywood, either plain with all sheet edges blocked or tongue and groove, over bridged joints spaced 400 mm (16”) o.c. maximum; fasten plywood 150 mm (6”) o.c. along sheet ends and 200 mm (8”) o.c. along intermediate supports with 8d ring-shank, coated or hot dip galvanized nails (or screws); allow 3 mm (1/8”) between sheet ends and 6 mm (1/4”) between sheets edges; all sheet ends must be supported by a framing member; glue sheets to joints with construction adhesive;
15 mm (5/8”) thick exterior glue plywood fastened 150 mm (6”) o.c. along sheet ends and 200 mm (8”) o.c. in the panel field (both directions) with 8d ring-shank, coated or hot dip galvanized nails (or screws); allow 3 mm (1/8”) to 6 mm (1/4”) between sheets and 6 mm (1/4”) between sheet edges and any abutting surfaces; offset underlayment joints from joints in subfloor and stagger joints between sheet ends; glue underlayment to subfloor with construction adhesive.
Read the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) before use.
A) PRE-TREATING CRACKS AND JOINTS
Apply a liberal coat of AQUABAN 200 approximately 200 mm (8”) wide over substrate cracks, cold joints, control joints and board joints using a paint brush or roller (heavy napped roller cover). Place 150 mm (6”) wide AQUABAN 200 fabric into the wet AQUABAN 200 liquid. Press down on AQUABAN 200 fabric with brush or roller until the AQUABAN 200 liquid “bleeds” through from below. Then apply another liberal coat of AQUABAN 200 liquid over the entire surface of the fabric.
B) PRE-TREATING COVERS, CORNERS & SEAMS
Apply a liberal coat of AQUABAN 200 liquid approximately 200 mm (8”) wide over substrate coves, corners, seams, joints and changes in plane using a paint brush or roller (heavy napped roller cover). Fold 15 cm (6”) wide AQUABAN 200 fabric in half and place it into the coat of wet AQUABAN 200 liquid. Flash AQUABAN 200 fabric 75 mm (3”) up walls and other vertical surfaces. Press down on AQUABAN 200 fabric with brush or roller until the AQUABAN 200 liquid “bleeds” through from below. Then apply another liberal coat of AQUABAN 200 liquid over the entire surface of the AQUABAN 200 fabric.
C) MAIN APPLICATION
Allow any pre-treated areas to dry to the touch. Apply a liberal coat of AQUABAN 200 liquid with brush or roller over substrate including pretreated areas. Lay AQUABAN 200 fabric into wet AQUABAN 200 liquid and smooth out any wrinkles. Press AQUABAN 200 fabric with brush or roller until AQUABAN 200 liquid “bleeds” through to surface. Lap seams approximately 50 mm (2”). Flash AQUABAN 200 up over pretreated coves and corners, so such areas have two layers of AQUABAN 200 fabric. Apply another liberal coat of AQUABAN 200 liquid over AQUABAN 200 fabric to saturate it. Let topcoat dry to the touch, approximately 1-3 hours at 21°C (70°F) and 50% RH. Make another liberal coat of AQUABAN 200 liquid to seal entire surface. When last coat has dried to the touch, inspect final surface for pinholes, voids, thin spots or other defects. Use additional AQUABAN 200 liquid to seal defects.
18.9 L (5 Gallon) - 23.2 m2 (250 ft2)
3.78 L (1 Gallon) - 4.6 m2 (50 ft2)
EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS
Apply a liberal coat of AQUABAN 200 liquid around and down into substrate expansion joints. Loop 150 mm (6”) wide AQUABAN 200 fabric down into joint. Cover with a second layer of AQUABAN 200 liquid.
Ceramic tile, stone and brick installations must include sealant filled joints over any control
joints in the substrate. However, the sealant filled joints can be offset horizontally, by as much as one tile width from the substrate control joint location, to coincide with the grout
DYNA® AQUABAN 200 Waterproofing & Anti-Fracture Membrane is available in:
- 3.78 L (1 U.S. Gallon) jug liquid
- 18.9 L (5 U.S. Gallon) pail liquid
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 30 days from the date it was, or reasonably should have been,
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after surface testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately. NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective. The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 30 days from the date it was, or reasonably should have been, discovered that the product was defective. Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Available.