DYNA® REPEL 4220 is a clear and transparent premium performance penetrating impregnating agent specially formulated to protect porous natural and dimensional stone such as rough, splif-faced, textured, acid-washed, honed, flame finished and
sandblasted marble, granite, slate, sandstone, limestone, and quartzite, against
stains, dust, dirt, water, acid rain, chemical attack, mildew, fungus, U.V. rays, salt, oil,
tar and damage from efflorescence. Surface dirt should be removed using standard
maintenance procedures. It allows moisture vapor transmission.
REPEL 4220 also protects from freeze/thaw damage such as spalling, cracking and bubbling rendered by the harshest climates. It serves to densify the surface of any stone and yet offers no appearance change. REPEL 4220 is not a sealer and as such leaves no surface film to peel or yellow. This product also serves as an anti-graffiti agent. Surfaces treated with this product have a higher co-efficient of friction, therefore polished stone surfaces such as floors become less slippery.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- Provides Invisible Protections
- Treated surfaces develop hydrophobic properties
- Treated surfaces develop oleophobic properties
Can be applied on surfaces such as:
- Rough, split-faced, textured, acid-washed, honed, flame finished and sand blasted marble
1. For interior and exterior use.
2. For floors, walls, counter tops, roofs, ceilings and furniture manufacture from natural stone.
3. May also be used as a grout release agent.
1. Do not apply before 10 days following the completion of the work.
2. Certain types of slates and natural stone may darken slightly with the effect that the color will be enhanced, ensure that you always test first to determine if this is what you desire.
3. Do not apply below 0 °C ( 32 °F ) or above 40 °C ( 104 °F ).
4. Not to be used to provide oleophobic properties to surface to be treated. Use REPEL 4220 or SUPER IMPREGNATOR 4210 instead.
5. Not to be used to enhance the color of the surface to be treated. Use TerraSeal Matte 4300, TerraSeal Gloss 4320, TerraCotta 4330 or ANTIQUA 4350 instead.
6. Not to be used to guard against hydrostatic pressure.
A. SURFACE PREPARATION
Wash the surface that is to be treated and let dry completely before application. Wash with DYNA brand of cleaners. Ensure that the surface is completely dry and there
is no residual moisture present.
1. Apply REPEL 4220 evenly over the surface using a clean dry cloth, brush , roller or spray on.
2. Permit the product to absorb into the surface for at least one half hour.
3. For polished surfaces wipe up the excess and buff up with a clean dry cloth after the product had a chance to absorb into the surface. Non-polished surfaces need not have the excess wiped up.
4. Let dry and do not permit heavy foot traffic for at least 24 hours.
5. For maximum protection a repeat application is recommended.
6. If no grout release agent will be used for natural stone then this product must be applied at least once PRIOR to grouting.
DYNA® REPEL 4220 is available in:
- 500 mL (0.53 US quarts)
- 1 L (1.06 US quarts)
- 3.78 L (1 US gallon)
- 18.9 L (5 US gallons)
23 m2 (250 ft2) to 41 m2 (450 ft2) per 1 L (1.06 US Quart) depending on the surface treated
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 15 days
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after Surface Testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately.
NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The Manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective.
The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product.