DYNA® DYNACRETE 5220 is a premium performing bonding agent for concrete and masonry. It is used for adhering new concrete surfaces to old concrete surfaces. It is a premium performing TYPE II bonding agent and is non re-emulsifiable. It can also be used as a concrete additive to increase the bond strength, compressive strength, flexural strength, freeze / thaw resistance and abrasion resistance of the new concrete.
It is non-toxic, non-flammable and has no VOCs. It is white in color and is non-bleeding.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- Easy to Handle: Water based, non-toxic, no fumes, no VOC, non-flammable. Easy to clean-up.
- Premium Performance: Provides greater flexural strength, shear bond strength, tensile bond strength and freeze/thaw resistance to cementitious coatings. Cements and mortars are more resistant to impact and vibration.
- Versatile: One material can be used as a bonding agent or cement admixture. One material can be used for both interior applications. One material can be used for residential, commercial and industrial applications. One material can be used for multi-purposes.
Meets and Exceeds the standards:
- ASTM C932
- ASTM C78
- ASTM C109
- ASTM E119
- ASTM C631
- ASTM C1059-86
- ASTM C1583
- CSA A261
1. For interior and exterior use
2. For industrial, commercial and residential applications
3. May also be used as a bonding agent it can be used to bond new concrete, Portland cement plaster, cement terrazzo mixes, cementitious mixes, plaster, stucco and masonry to structurally sound concrete floors, concrete walls, concrete columns, concrete beams, concrete steps, concrete ramps, ceramic tile, cement terrazzo, and old cut-back adhesive
4. May also be used as an admixture it can be used in bonding Portland cement plaster, stucco mixes and mortar mixes to adhere to brick, block, metal, glass block, soundly adhered paint, masonry surfaces, and stone surfaces
1. Not to be used to guard against hydrostatic water pressure
2. Do not apply below 4°C (39°F) or above 40°C (104°F)
3. Do not permit the product to freeze
4. Do not apply over paints or materials that are soluble in water
5. Do not place over frozen concrete or plastic surfaces
6. Do not apply on any dimensionally unstable material
SECTIONS - 030100 / 035416
A. SURFACE PREPARATION
1. Ensure that the substrate is structurally sound, solid, stable, dry, clean and free of grease, oil, loose paint, loose material, dust, tar, wax, curing agent, primer, sealer, mildew, laitance or any substances which may prevent or reduce the adhesion of this product.
2. It is recommended in preparing an old concrete surface that you mechanically scarify the surface and follow with a wash prior to application. It is recommended that substrates be cleaned with a DYNA brand of cleaner.
1. As a bonding agent, apply by brush, roller or spray on the surface.
2. Apply a uniform and continuous film over the entire substrate.
3. Inspect the substrate prior to placement of the cement or plaster topping to ensure that there is a continuous film. Re-apply over areas not satisfactorily covered.
4. For substrates that are extremely porous it is recommended that apply a liberal amount of DYNACRETE 5220 or you dampen the substrate first with water.
5. Place the new cement or plaster topping over the filmed surface while the filmed surface is still damp.
NOTE: As a cement admixture it can be used in place of the gauging water. As an admixture use full strength or mix up to 50 percent water with 50 percent DYNACRETE 5220.
C. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS
Provide expansion and control joints where necessary or specified. Do not cover any expansion joints with mortar or cement.
Follow accepted industry standards for expansion and control joints.
1. Follow accepted industry standards for the protection of newly bonded concrete.
2. Do not allow the newly placed concrete to puddle with water while curing.
3. Do not permit heavy traffic to pass on the new concrete for at least 7 days after the installation. Protect walls from impact, heavy hammering and vibration on opposite and adjacent walls for at least 14 days after installation.
4. When working in cold temperatures or high humidity protect the surface for an extended period of time to permit the concrete to adequately cure before you permit heavy traffic to walk on the surface.
5. Protect containers of DYNACRETE 5220 from freezing in storage and in transit.
19 - 29 m² (200 - 300 ft²) per 3.78 L (1 Gallon)
HEALTH & SAFETY
Refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for additional information on this product.
DYNA® DYNACRETE 5220 Bonding Agent is available in:
- 3.78 L (1 US gallon)
- 18.9 L (5 US gallons)
Clean your tools immediately after use. Wash your hands with soap and water.
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 15 days
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after Surface Testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately.
NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The Manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective.
The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product.