DYNA® WB-2 SEALANT FOR PAVERS AND SLABS is a high end Acrylic Sealant specifically designed to protect and enhance the look of Interlocking Concrete Pavers, Slabs, Exposed Aggregate and Terrazzo Floors. It penetrates deeply into the substrate for a maximum protection against most stains (oil, gasoline, gum, tar, rubber, rust, etc.) while rendering a clear satin finish. Carefully blended with thermoplastic resins, DYNA® WB-2 SEALANT is suitable for use in all weather conditions. It will offer you a rich and durable finish that withstands heat, sun, salts, frost and all aggressive weather elements. It will not peel, delaminate or yellow.
Low VOC, blush resistance and low odour. Highly abrasion resistant.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- Low VOC, low blushing resistance, low odour
- Clear Satin Look Finish, enhances the colors of the treated surface.
- Penetrates deeply for better and more durable protection against stains
- Reduces damages due to freeze-thaw cycles.
- Resists all weather elements (sun, rain, frost, heat, salt, etc.)
- Will not trap moisture
- Stabilizes the jointing sand
- Reduces moulds and moss growths
- Does not peel or yellow
- High blush abrasion resistance
- Meets regulations, including OTC, Maricopa County, and California (CARB), EPA, SCAQMD, NOTC
For interior and exterior uses (UV stable), it can be applied on colored porous concrete surfaces such as:
- Interlocking Concrete Pavers
- Stamped or Patterned Concrete
- Terrazzo Concrete
- Exposed Aggregate Surfaces
- Natural and decorative veneers
SECTIONS - 321413 / 321416 / 321440
A. SURFACE TESTING
Before starting your project, always perform a surface test by applying the product on a small inconspicuous area and let the surface dry for 60 minutes. If you are satisfied with the results, proceed with the work.
B. SURFACE PREPARATION
1. Remove all stains with the adequate DYNA® Cleaning Solutions.
2. Clean the entire surface area using DYNA® EF Efflorescence Cleaner. This step is necessary in order to remove efflorescence deposits, ground in dirt and color variations. Let dry completely.
C. SEALANT APPLICATION
When applying WB-2 Protective Sealant, the ideal temperature should be between 18°C (65°F) and 25°C (77°F) with no rain in the forecast for the next 6 hours. Morning or late evening application is recommended.
(Application under scorching sun is not recommended).
Use a slit foam roller and a paint tray. If you wish to use a sprayer to apply the WB-2 Protective Sealant, make sure that you back roll the surface immediately with the slit foam roller to even out the section.
Starting at the highest point of the surface, proceed in small sections of 2 m x 2 m (7 ft X 7 ft) at a time. Using the slit foam roller, roll on only one generous coat of WB-2 Protective Sealant to saturate the pavers and the jointing sand. Then, even out your section as if you were painting a wall and proceed to your next section.
Permit the sealed surface to cure for at least 24 hrs before traffic travels on it.
Use DYNA® WB-2 Protective Sealant for re-applications. Do not re-seal more than once every 2 years.
1. For newly installed surfaces, wait at least 60 days before using this product.
2. Do not apply if surface is damp or dirty.
3. Do not apply if weather is uncertain.
4. Do not apply in extreme heat. (Mid-day sun).
Clean all tools with lacquer or paint thinner.
DYNA® WB-2 Sealant For Pavers And Slabs is available in 3.78 L (1 US gallon), 18.9 L (5 US gallons).
14 to 19 square meters (150 to 200 square feet) per 3.78 L (1 gallon) depending on the surface treated.
70 to 93 square meters (750 to 1000 square feet) per 18.9 L (5 gallons) depending on the surface treated.
Keep in storage at temperature between 10°C (50°F) and 22°C (72°F). The shelf life of this product is 5 years in its original unopened container.
DO NOT LET THIS PRODUCT FREEZE.
Ground and Maritime freight : Not Regulated
Packing Group : III
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 15 days
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after Surface Testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately.
NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The Manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective.
The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product.
|Test Procedure||Typical Values Obtained|
|Colour||Translucent / white|
|Odour and Appearance||Acrylic odour|
|Flash Point||> 100°C / 212°F|
|Melting Point||Not applicable|
|Vapour Density (Air = 1)||< 1|
|pH||8.5 - 9.5|
|VOC||< 95 g/L|