DYNA® OPTIMATRIX Polymeric Jointing Sand is a dry mixture of calibrated sands, polymers, binders and dedicated chemical controlling agents specifically designed to bind firmly and easily together in horizontal pavement joints. Applied dry into the pavement joints, it will harden and stay in place after activation. It sets in minutes after being activated with water, which ensures a proper installation even when the weather calls for early rain. Carefully blended with dedicated control agents, the quality of DYNA® OPTIMATRIX Polymeric Jointing Sand ensures increased stability, performance and lasting durability to your paver projects.
DYNA® OPTIMATRIX Polymeric Jointing Sand retains adequate elasticity needed to adapt to the movements of the pavement surface. It is resistant to erosion due to weather, maintenance, and traffic. It features EZ SWEEP TECHNOLOGY to ensure no haze is produced on your pavement surface and that the sand is more easily swept in, saving you both time and money in the process. Unlike conventional polymeric sand that requires 3 wetting applications, OPTIMATRIX requires a single wetting, saving you further time.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- Quick-setting. Sets up in minutes upon activation. No need to worry about early rain washout.
- Low temperature setting. Sets at temperatures at or above 0°C (32°F).
- Incorporates EZ SWEEP TECHNOLOGY which eliminates haze on the pavement surface and makes it quicker and easier to sweep.
- Single wetting activation, saves time and money.
- Excellent for exterior/interior applications.
- For residential and commercial installations.
- Suitable for both pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Contrary to regular sands, it stays firm, flexible and perfectly in place after wetting & curing.
- Ideal for most pavement joints greater than 2 mm (1/16”).
- Ideal for use on sloped pavement.
- Eliminates washouts of sand into pools.
- Ensures a better stability of the installed pavers.
- Strongly inhibits weeds from growing.
- Adapts to paver movements in all weather conditions.
- Eliminates joint erosion from rain, water, frost, wind, power washing, and traffic.
- Resistant to freeze-thaw cycles.
- Deters ants and other insects.
- ICPI Tech Spec. 2, 5, 9
- ASTM C 144
- CSA A179
- CSA A82.56M
DYNA® OPTIMATRIX Polymeric Jointing Sand should be used to fill pavement joints of Concrete Pavers and Slabs, Natural Stone and Clay Pavers installed on horizontal surfaces such as driveways, patios, pool decks, walk-ways and garden areas.
For surfaces with wider paving joints, for deeply sloped areas, or for areas that are exposed to heavy traffic and heavy maintenance duties, we recommend that you use the OPTIMAX Polymeric Jointing Sand.
Minimum Width of Joint: 2.0 mm (1/16”)
Minimum Depth of Joint: 32.0 mm (1 1/4“)
- Install only at or above 0°C (32°F).
- Installation of the pavement must be done according to the various ICPI specifications to ensure the maximum benefit of this product.
- Do not leave OPTIMATRIX on the surface prior to wetting as it will adhere to the surface and will be difficult to remove.
- Not a substitute for a mortar or cement grout.
- Do not apply to wet or damp pavement surfaces.
- Do not apply if rain is forecasted less than 30 minutes after installation.
- Do not use if the pavement surface is installed directly on concrete or does not have a drainage bed.
- This product is not designed for submersed water applications.
SECTIONS - 321400 / 321413 / 321416 / 321440
A. INSTALLATION CONDITIONS
- The pavement surface and joints must be completely dry.
- The outdoor temperature must be equal to or greater than 0°C (32°F).
- No rain should be forecast within the next half hour after installation and activation.
1. Sweep OPTIMATRIX Polymeric Jointing Sand evenly into the pavement joints using a push broom until the joints are completely filled.
2. Remove all sand residues from the top of the pavement, using a leaf blower.
3. Compact sand into pavement joints as prescribed by ICPI Tech Specs., or your paving stone manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Blow off with a leaf blower all excess sand and any dust residues from the top of the pavement making sure that the surface is perfectly free of all particles.
C. ACTIVATING THE JOINTING SAND
1. Work in sections of about 10 m2 (100 ft2).
2. Use a water hose equipped with a fan shower head working at low to medium pressure.
3. Starting at the highest elevation of your surface, position the shower head at 0.6 to 1 m (2 to 3 ft) from the surface and shower the surface in a sweeping movement from left to right. Clean the surface rapidly while allowing the water to slowly migrate, absorb and channel into the joints. Continue to water until the joints are thoroughly wet, a good indicator is when you see water standing on the joints.
4. Focus on watering the pavement and not the joints. By doing so, you will remove any fine particles that could have adhered to the pores of the pavement surface. If pooling of water occurs on top of the joints, proceed to wet another area.
Before using this product, always test on a small area 1.0 m2 (10 ft2) of your pavement making sure to follow the instructions carefully. Let dry for 24 hours. If you are satisfied with the results, proceed with the entire surface area.
Depending on the width of your pavement joints, a 22.7 kg (50 lb.) bag of OPTIMATRIX Polymeric Jointing Sand will cover from 3.0 to 10.0 m2 (30 to 100 ft2).
HEALTH & SAFETY
Refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for additional information on this product.
DYNA® OPTIMATRIX Polymeric Jointing Sand is available in 22.7 kg (50 lb.) Bag.
Clean hands and tools with soap and water.
DYNA shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages, indirectly or directly sustained, nor for any loss by application of these goods not in accordance with the printed instructions or for other than the intended use. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and the user will assume all risks and liabilities that may arise in connection therewith. DYNA’s liability is expressly limited to the replacement of defective goods. Any claim shall be deemed waived unless the claim is made in writing to DYNA within 15 days
This premium quality product was designed to satisfy the user. If you are not satisfied after Surface Testing on a small area, please contact our technical service department immediately.
NO WARRANTIES expressed or implied are offered by DYNA. The Manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of products proven defective.
The user assumes all risks and liabilities associated with the use of this product.
|at 22°C (72°F) and 50% relative humidity|
|Shelf life||1 year|
|Initial Set||10 - 30 minutes|
|Final Cure||> 8 to 24 hours|
|Time to Pedestrian Traffic||8 hours|
|Time to Vehicular Traffic||24 hours|
|VOCs (Rule #1168 of California's SCAQMD)||0 g/L.|
|Product Code||Size And Color|
|2203-ORXG||22.7 kg (50 lbs.) Granite Grey|
|2203-ORXB||22.7 kg (50 lbs.) Quartz Beige|
|2203-ORXJB||22.7 kg (50 lbs.) Jet Black|
|2203-ORXTC||22.7 kg (50 lbs.) Terracotta|
|2203-ORXBB||22.7 kg (50 lbs.) Beach Buff|